Effective studying starts with the right attitude – a positive outlook which makes studying an opportunity to learn and not remain a compulsion. Being organized and prepared for questions is the key to deliver the best out of our performance.
Five ways to study effectively.
- Get enough sleep: Human brains functions very well when it is in relaxed state, and more the brain is relaxed more it grasps. Sound 6 – 8 hours sleep is very much required for us. Sound sleep also increase our concentration, thus students should ensure to sleep well, but not more than required.
- Breaking up your study schedules: Sometimes studying for longer hours may seems tiring and exhausting. Hence you can break your study schedules into slabs or chunks of 30 or 40 minutes. After taking 10 minutes study break you can start again freshly. Taking little breaks and than following up again helps in better consolidation of knowledge.
- Getting organized and preparing in advance: It is always better to prepare yourself in advance what you are going to study next day, in fact making a timetable and adhering to it is better idea. End of the day it saves a lot of your constructive time.
- Making a routine: Building a study routine or work routine is what most successful people do, because discipline comes from a regular habit. Studying everyday in a particular time will increase your consistency to learn more. Make this habit for first 15 days, and if it help you further increase it to 30 days or more.
- Mediation: Mediation relaxes our mind and control our thoughts. 10 minutes regular meditation always helps us to increase our focus.