What is Journalism
The pen and the camera is all time powerful than the sword, a saying that brings numerous opportunities for the students intending to enter in the field of journalism, one of the fastest emerging career fields among today’s generation.
Spreading correct information about every relevant happening in the world is the effort of Journalism. Gathering information, educating and enlightening the masses on various issues revolving them is an art which plays a vital role in the growth of a nation. Aspirants in today’s times have enormous prospects of pursuing this lucrative career option of journalism.
There are different courses in the field of Journalism depending on the respective institute and further your area of interest to pursue an education in mass communication in Print, Television or Digital.
The most common courses offered by the institutes in journalism are Under graduate Programmes , Post graduate Programmes and Diploma programmes in Journalism, Journalism and Mass communications, Mass communications and Media Advertising etc.
The basic eligibility criteria to enroll for Undergraduate and Post Graduate Courses in Journalism are :
1. Undergraduate Courses :
· Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 50 percent marks in any stream in 12th standard.
· Candidate should possess good communication skills (reading, speaking and writing.)
· Candidate may require to appear in an entrance examination conducted by the respective institution.
2. Postgraduate Courses:
· Candidate must hold a valid undergraduate degree from a recognised university or institution.
· Candidates from all streams are eligible to apply for the PG journalism courses offered.
· Candidates may require to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the respective institution offering the course.
Here we have listed out some of the best institutions offering Journalism and Mass communication courses from North East India.